Noziglia up for World Games athlete of the year award
Double reigning world champion Cinzia Noziglia has made the shortlist for the World Games’ athlete of the year award.
It is the first time a barebow archer has been nominated.
The Italian 38-year-old made history in 2022, remaining unbeaten as she won the World Archery Field Championships, World Archery 3D Championships and World Games all in the same year.
Sara Lopez has been archery’s nomination for the award since 2018. Lisa Unruh, Mike Schloesser and Erika Jones have also been shortlisted.
With Noziglia receiving the individual nod, Lopez and Daniel Munoz have been proposed as the team of the year.
The pair won the mixed team title at the World Games. Lopez would then win her seventh Hyundai Archery World Cup trophy to close the season.
Voting for the World Games’ athlete and team of the year starts on Tuesday 10 January on the organisation’s website.
World Games award nominees
- 2013: Erika Jones, USA
- 2014: Sara Lopez, Colombia
- 2015: Sara Lopez, Colombia
- 2016: Mike Schloesser, Netherlands
- 2017: Lisa Unruh, Germany
- 2018: Sara Lopez, Colombia
- 2019: Sara Lopez, Colombia
- 2020: Not held (Morgan Lundin nominated for greatest of all time instead)
- 2021: Sara Lopez, Colombia
- 2022: Cinzia Noziglia, Italy