Additional alternates added to technical official rosters for delayed Games in Tokyo
Two additional alternates have been added to the team of technical officials, known in archery as judges, for each of the Olympic and Paralympic Games in Tokyo, following their postponement by one year.
The additional personnel is to mitigate ongoing issues caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Both original selections remain unchanged, having already been approved by the World Archery executive board at the end of 2019. Hannah Brown will chair the judging commission at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games and Bob Pian will lead the officials at the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games.
The full list of appointments for the 2021 international season has been announced.
Megan Tierney, Frankie Hoong and Graham Potts will chair the officials at the three stages of the Hyundai Archery World Cup, with Potts also overseeing the final Olympic qualification tournament, while Karle Friederich has been given responsibility for the Hyundai Archery World Cup Final.
Karla Cabrera is the chair for next year’s World Archery Championships and Paco Gimenez for the World Archery Youth Championships.
Appointments will be adjusted as necessary should the international calendar be further disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games – judges
- Hannah Brown, Great Britain – chair
- Robert Erica, Netherlands – deputy
- Vladimir Dominguez Ambros, Cuba – director of shooting
- Ringa Baltrusaite, Lithuania
- Karla Cabrera, Philippines
- Fulvio Cantini, Italy
- Indranil Datta, India
- Guillermina Garcia, Mexico
- Dave Martin, South Africa
- Karen Pan, Chinese Taipei
- Sabrina Steffens, Germany
- Pecilius Tan, Singapore
- Schandorff Vang, Faroe Islands
- Alex Vecchio, Brazil
- David Catalan, Spain – alternate
- Laura Lynne Churchill, Canada – alternate
- Friederich Karle, Germany – alternate
- Frankie Hoong, Singapore – alternate
Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games – judges
- Bob Pian, USA – chair
- Katy Lipscomb, Great Britain – deputy
- Andrea Bortot, Italy – director of shooting
- Andrea Aguilar, Guatemala
- Shahrzad Allahyari, Iran
- Ranjan Bhowmik, India
- Charmaine Ho, South Africa
- Frankie Hoong, Singapore
- Martino Miani, Italy
- Flemming Skjoldborg, Denmark
- Rubens Terra Neto, Brazil
- Lian Wang, China
- Alison Hagaman, Australia
- Aslihan Unsal, Turkey
- Saruul Enkhbat, Mongolia – alternate
- Ahmed Koura, Egypt – alternate
- Cesar Araujo, Mexico – alternate
- Maren Haase, Germany – alternate
Read more about judging or find the full list of technical official assignments for 2021.