Scarzella re-elected president of Italian federation for seventh consecutive term

World Archery first vice president Mario Scarzella, 74, has been re-elected president of the Italian archery federation for a seventh consecutive term, which will last until 2024, at the organisation’s general assembly in Rome.

He received 64% of the votes. Outgoing vice president Paolo Poddighe, the other presidential candidate, received 36%.

“The support you have shown me is priceless and I assure you it will be reciprocated,” said Scarzella, who is currently also serving his fourth term as president of World Archery Europe. “My passion and love are greater than in 2001 when I started.”

Stefano Tombesi, Elena Forte, Maria Angela Casartelli, Enrico Rebagliati, Liviana Marchet, Carla Di Pasquale, Vittorio Polidori, Oscar De Pellegrin, Christina Pernazza, Sante Spigarelli and Mauro Leone were elected to the federation’s council.

European Games Champions Mauro Nespoli and Tatiana Andreoli were named the best archers of 2019-2020 during the assembly.

Member Associations